Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Brown and White-UNITE!


SO this past weekend my Bestie Terra was in town and she decided that I needed to go to the Shiprock Fair and try some Mutton. So we did. In Shiprock we went to one of our friends houses where they had a food tent set up where they sold Mutton and other such Navajo Delicacies. Well I ordered the Mutton. I was nervous to try it because I've been told it's not that good, that its gross. But I had to try it for myself and see what it was like. I have to tell you, it's not that bad. I kinda liked it. Sure it was kinda tough and chewy, but the basic taste was pretty good.

Then we went on into SHiprock where all the booths were. Let me tell you it was soo dirty. There was so much trash on the road from the Parade that morning, it looked like a 3rd world country. And Man was it dusty! But the booths with the Jewelry were amazing! The pieces that some Natives make are gorgeous, but also gorgeously expensive. I'll stick to my dainty, small Turquoise thank you very much.
All in all it was quite a good experience and I'm glad I had it, but I'll probs never go again. That's just the truth. lol

No comments: