Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life in Deming

So I haven't "blogged" in a while, but that is because I've been super busy and also I don't have alot of internet access here in Deming, which is where I am living, right now, at this moment in my life, and actually right now. For those of you who haven't been informed(cuz I didn't tell you) I am doing my student teaching in Deming, NM with a kindergarten class. I am living with my Aunt SHIrley and Uncle Rex for the time being.
Everyday I'm in the classroom I start to like it more and more. I'm starting to have a "teacher voice" lol. My kindergardens crack me up so often. The other day I had a little boy tell me that his cousin Marcos wanted to be a scientist so he could turn himself into a dog. Yes I get random things like that all the time. But they make the day soo much better. They are so cute and have such little personalities! I do have days where I get frustrated with them and the whole class, but everyone has those days. I love my Clinical Faculty(the teacher I'm with) She is such a good teacher and I've already learned so much from her. It's awesome!

Living with AUnt SHirley and Uncle Rex has it's ups and downs. I don't get homesick that often because Aunt Shirley reminds me alot of my Mom. Just how she does stuff or says things. It's nice. ANd my Uncle Rex is suprisingly funny. He makes me laugh alot. But don't get him talking, because he likes to talk...ALOT. But living in Deming, I don't do ANYTHING. THeres nothing to do. I have a bit of cabin fever because I don't really get out of the house. Me and my Aunt Shirley have shows that we watch. We just recently got into the Bachelor and this new show called True Beauty which is hilarious. And Tuesdays and Wednesdays are devoted to AMerican Idol. lol I help out around the house. I cook occasionally and help Aunt SHirley. Uncle Rex is almost done with the bathroom-maybe like 3 more weeks.(OH I didn't tell you, he's remodeling the bathroom in the hall, so all 3 of us are sharing the bathroom in their bedroom. Oh Joy!)

So in SUmmary-Life in Deming is simple, family and teaching oriented but severly boring!

1 comment:

Hayden and Brent said...

Jessica I just love you to peices! And miss your bright shining personality so much! I just found you on Heathers blog! I love you blog about your pet peeves! :) Much love to you and good luck with your student teaching! Oh and send me an email to daisymarie333@hotmail.com so I can invite you to veiw our blog...Its private due to some weirdo comments!